8.10.2011

Canada eh?

This year the Johnson/Beck family vaca was spent in Canada. Alberta to be exact...actually Waterton to be more exact. Cody has been telling me about Canada for the past 6 years and a few weeks ago he finally got to take me there. We spent the week in his extended family's cabin. Waterton is a beautiful place to kick back relax and enjoy the scenery. We relaxed a lot but we also spent the week going on hikes, golfing, looking for bears, eating, shopping, playing games, and hanging by the fire. I am so lucky to have married into such a fun family! Here are a few pictures from our week!

Dave, Mar, Cody and I getting ready to hike Bear's Hump.
Syd and I stopped mid hike to strike a pose!
We made it!  It was super windy but the views from the top were amazing!  Waterton is so gorgeous! 
Cody's "uncle" Don took us on a boat ride on Waterton lake.  It was so pretty!  I feel like I am going to say that a lot throughout this post!
Playing fashion show in one of the stores. ha ha  We got some funny looks!
Right behind our cabin were some more hiking trails.  This is what we found when we got to the top!  Some of us (by us I mean them) found that if you keep hiking there were some even prettier waterfalls.  I was content with these. 
We stopped halfway for a good old pic of the fam...
These pictures do not do this lake justice!  The lake is in the middle of a glacier so it looks freezing but it was actually really nice.  We expected much colder weather than we got.  Lucky us!
Dave, Mar, Taryn, and Lauren!
Cody decided he wanted to make our boat ride a bit more exciting so he bet Chad to jump in the lake....Cody forgot that Chad will do pretty much anything....
To earn some money back Cody did it too.  They are crazy!  The water was FREEZING! I couldn't even put my hand in for too long.
Being proud of the accomplishment!
We all thought it was fun to drive around to see what wild life we could find.  Here is some of what we found!
This place is called Red Rock Canyon.  It is a really pretty canyon with a river that runs through it.  We hiked up through the river as far as we could without having to swim.  The water was a bit too cold for that.  
Cody and Chad building a fire.  They played out there for hours!  I think they used all the fire wood for this one.
One of the days was spent up near Cardston to hang out with some of Cody's relatives.  They planned a whole day for us.  The guys went golfing and later that day we went to his "uncle's" ranch to horse back ride, fish, and hang out.

Cody might kill me for posting this picture!!!  Long story....but Cody is VERY allergic to horses, hay, etc etc and I always feel so bad he can't experience the fun so this was the "gear" I thought up for him!  And I am proud to say it worked!  He rode the horses and was fine!   
One of the days we drove up to a place called Many Glacier where we did some more site seeing. 
On the way up we stopped here.  The water was rushing so fast!  It was really pretty but it made me nervous to get too close.
 Mar and Dave hanging out.  Davey couldn't get enough pics!  He was loving life!
This hotel is called The Prince of Whales.  It's a really pretty, swedish style hotel in the middle of Loon Lake (That is for you, Dave).  It is perched up on a hill so you can see it from all over.  It is one of the trademarks of Waterton.
This is us standing up in front of the hotel after we had lunch for the second time there.  They had really good chicken wraps.
 Inside joke pic!  Can you tell who looks the most normal in this pose??
Driving home I snapped this picture.  Funny how they do this to the trees to show where the border between Canada and the US is.  We heard that this clearing in the trees runs all the way through Alberta and Saskatchewan.  Somebody has a fun job :)
So sad our summer vacations are over.  I guess we will have to get creative and think of some fun things to do in California!

7 comments:

Josh and Cara said...

What a fun trip! How gorgeous! We went to Canada a few years ago but we both had the flu the whole time....It was awesome! :)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Waterton really is beautiful! Ryan's dad's side of the family is from Alberta, so we went up there when we first got married. I think Ryan jumped into the same glacial lake!

McCall said...

LUCKY!! Cody's horse allergy outfit is so hilarious!

Mike and Kim said...

Wow that looks like a really pretty place! You guys are so cute. Miss you!

Kim said...

Amazing. You always look so cute. I love the scenery and I ESPECIALLY love the gear Cody is wearing! Thanks for being so amazing. You know I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I miss you.

Rustin and Allison said...

Megs! It looks like you had a blast on your trip. I can't believe all the amazing things you saw. Pretty awesome! Your hair is getting so long btw. Love it and absolutely love Cody's outfit! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing reliable and legislative information.



Use this keyword for getting more knowledge about African Safari | Kenya Safari | Zambia Safari | Victoria Falls | Botswana Safari.