10.25.2010

ALWAYS PLAYIN CATCH UP

This past month has been spent doing quite a lot. We've hosted some visitors, gone to a 49ers game and a Giants game; ate some more yummy crab; made a quick visit to Utah where we finally got to meet my new niece Blair and surprise our families with our visit; went to San Diego for a wedding (while there we hit Lego Land and Sea World); got beach cruisers; Cody went to the Chicago Bears game; Barb and I did a flash mob; and I started a bunco group. This last weekend was the first weekend in a while that I devoted my whole Saturday to my TO DO list and oh it felt good. My laundry basket was ridiculously full. And if you know me then you know thats enough to make me go insane. And like I have said in previous posts, blogging is often on my TO DO list so here I sit to check yet another thing off.

Here are some pics from our month...

My dad and Chad came out to visit us. We invited them to come see us and go to the 49ers game.
Watching the BYU game...they got killed...weird.
Later on we went up to the city. Chad had never been there before so we showed him around.
That night we went to a Giants game. We have lived here for over 2 years now and I still haven't seen a ball get hit into the bay!
Then the next day we went to the 49ers/Saints game. Who dat be gonna beat dem saints? Ya we lost...I felt bad when Reggie hurt his leg. Like I'm somehow connected to him through Keeping up with the Kardashians?

We got a sweet hook up through Steve and Barb. We drove to the game with a bunch of people and watched the game in a suite. I had never been to a pro football game before. That is definitely the way to do it!
Harv and his buddies...yep matching shirts. Gotta love it!
After the game we went down on the field for a while during Steve's after show.

Some of you might know that I have been wanting a beach cruiser for a long time now. A couple of weeks ago my little dream came true. Belated birthday presents for me and Cody (and Lara and Harv and Allison).
Then we made a quick trip to Utah. We have been wanting to find a time to surprise our families and show up in Utah so we finally did it. It was so fun to see their reactions. First, we went to Codys friend Jordan Brown's wedding, then we got to surprise Codys family. Then the next day we surprised my family. It was pretty funny to see their confused faces. But I didn't really take many pictures this trip...
Baby Blair...ahhh...I could just eat her up!

Allison got married on October 16 down in San Diego so we decided to head down with the Youngs. Luckily they talked us into flying down because we were considering driving which looking back that would have made for a very long weekend. Lego Land+Sea World+Allisons wedding=Good weekend.
Waiting for Allison and Rustin to come out of the temple.
Later on we went to the reception where they had dinner and dancing. Allison and I stopped our dancing to take a quick pic. The wedding was so great and it was so much fun.
I am so happy we got to go!

And last but least...my flash mob. Barb and I went down to San Diego a few weekends ago to participate in a flash mob. She actually got the invite from her brother and she invited me to do it too because she knew how much fun it would be. It really was so awesome. They are doing one in San Francisco soon. Cant wait to sign up!

Click here to see the video...flashmob...don't judge. I probably should have practiced a bit more.

4 comments:

MBurt said...

I love that I actually saw you on the youtube video. You did great and it looked like lots of fun. Hey, I am trying to plan a fun weekend for Brandon's 30th and was thinking of coming out that way. Any suggestions. Could we meet for dinner? Any good shows, I'm sad we missed WICKED! Is it lame to try to go to a 49ers game? Anyway, I called and left a message on Cody's cell phone but don't have anyway to contact you. I would love your input. Hope you guys are doing well. You can call me or email me. Thanks, Marinda 643-8273 rindaburt@gmail.com

Mike and Kim said...

Meg it's great to see an update! Miss you and you look like you are just loving California. Hope you guys are doing well!

Kim said...

your life is so adventurous!! I love it. I also watched the video and thought it was fantastic. Guess what? I will see you in little more than a week!!!

erin said...

You seriously have such a fun life!!! You seem to always be doing so many fun things!!!!