4.01.2012

FEBRUARY FUN

Somehow february always ends up flying by.  We started off the month with my birthday.  I have said this many times before but I love my birthday!  I usually do everything I can do to make it last as long as possible.  This year however was a little different.  This was the first year of realization that I am getting older.  28!  Looking at the number freaks me out a little.  But as always Cody planned a fun birthday for me and spending time with him is always a blast so it made my "getting old" worries go away!

Cody got me/us tickets to see Mama Mia in San Francisco for my birthday.  Somehow we always end up doing 2 in 1 gifts for each other.  I wouldn't want it any other way.
 Us at a little restaurant called Pelegrino before the show.  It was SO yummy!  
     Before the show excitement!

About 2 minutes after we took this picture we walked through the doors to give them our tickets to find out we got scammed!  Turns out when Cody bought the tickets online the website routed him to a fake Stubhub website.  We ended up buying tickets just before the show started and with descend seats and Stubhub ended up giving us our money back.  So all in all we got lucky and ended up ahead.  But being scammed never feels good. 

This year like the past 2 years I spend some time in Hawaii with the Young's to be an extra helping hand.  The whether was beautiful and who doesn't like a tan in February right?
 Some of the kids hanging in the cabana!
 Mandie and I hanging at the beach!
 And Barb and I taking our classic sunset pic!  

The last weekend in February Cody and I drove down to Southern California to hang out with Matt and McCall and their kiddos at Disneyland.  We had a blast!  I love any chance we can get to hang out with family so driving 6ish hours was well worth it!
 Halle would have let us swing her all day if we could!
Getting her face painted!
 Matt, McCall, Halle, and Corry hanging at California Adventure!
 Oh don't worry...I forgot mascara that day.  Not sure what I was thinking...ha ha
 McCall, Halle, and I on the Toystory ride.  That ride never disappoints!
You know how you walk around the park and you see people walking around eating huge chicken legs?  Well, McCall had always wanted to try one so I thought, why not?  It was actually really good.  After I ate it I couldn't help but think about how huge that chicken must have been!  Then I realized it was probably chemically enhanced.  Then I got a little sick.  So needless to say that will be my last Disneyland chicken leg!  

4 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Cute, Meg! Your February was WAY more exciting than mine! Probably more exciting than most people's Februarys!

Your hair is so long! Very pretty!

Johannes and Christine said...

Looks like you guys are having fun - as always! :) You're hair is getting super long!

MBurt said...

Oh wow, I can't even remember February! Apparently I need to live somewhere a lot warmer. I hope March was equally exciting. Live it up.

Rappleye Family said...

LOVE IT!