5.06.2012

EASTER WEEKEND

Cody and I had a couple of free Southwest flights that were going to expire so what better way to use them than a trip to Utah?  We did some shopping at City Creek.  Couldn't go to Utah and not check that out right?  According to what seems like everyone on Facebook it is the greatest place ever.  I have to admit it was pretty cool.  Im happy I got to see what all the fuss was about.  But as always we had fun relaxing and hanging out with our families.
I always say that it just wouldn't be Easter if you don't join in on the festivites.  Lauren had some fabulous egg dying kits.  We decided on glitter eggs this time.  Too bad I didn't snap a picture of us!
Any chance Cody can get to go skiing he does.  This is a picture he sent to me while he was skiing.  Sweet powder eh?
Easter morning/ day we spent it at Mar and Davey's house.  This is us with our earnings from our adult easter egg hunt!  Mar always goes above and beyond!
Syd and Chad were so nice to make all of us Easter baskets!  How thoughtful is that?  And not to mention they were full of things they know we all love!
All of us with our easter baskets!

Later on we went to my parents house to have dinner and to also have an easter egg hunt.  This one was for the grandkids this time.
I have always loved this tree in my parents front yard.  I haven't seen it in bloom for years but this year I got lucky! 
 Little Blair so excited to be playing outside.  She was loving the bubbles pre-Easter egg hunt!
 Afterwards all of the kids gathered in the living room to "trade" candy.  They were all so excited about their earnings.  My mom always does a great job!

1 comment:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

So cute!! I miss seeing some seasonal things in Utah too, since we only tend to make it out in the summer. That tree is beautiful!

And it really was sweet that they made you Easter baskets with all your favorites!

OH and I am going to have show Ryan that sweet powder! :)